Monday, January 4, 2010

Spiritual Helps

Eternal Father,

It is amazing love,
that you have sent your Son
to suffer in my place,
that you have given the Spirit
to teach, comfort, guide,
that you have allowed the ministry of angels
to put a wall of protection around me

All heaven is laboring for the welfare of a poor worm
Permit your unseen servants to be ever active on my behalf
and to rejoice when grace expands in me.
May you never allow them to rest until my fight is over
and I stand victorious on salvation's shore.
Grant that my inclination to evil,
my deadness to good,
my resistance to your Spirit's motions,
may never provoke you to abandon me.

May my hard heart awake your pity, not your wrath,
And if the enemy gets an advantage through my corruption,
let it be seen that heaven is mightier than hell,
that those who are for me are greater than those against me
Arise to my help in richness of covenant blessings,
Keep me feeding in the pastures of your strengthening Word
searching Scripture to find you there.
If my my waywardness is visited with a blow,
enable me to receive correction meekly,
to bless the reproving hand,
to discern the motive of rebuke,
to respond promptly, and return to doing the good work.
Let all your fatherly dealings make me a partner of your holiness.
Grant that in every fall I may sink lower on my knees,
and that when I rise it may be to loftier heights of devotion.
May my every cross be sanctified,
every loss be gain,
every denial a spiritual advantage,
every dark day a light of the Holy Spirit,
every night of trial a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment