Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Love Shed Abroad

Gracious God,

My heart praises you for the wonder of your love in Jesus;
He is heaven's darling, but is for me
   the incarnate, despised, rejected,
   crucified sin-bearer;
In him your grace has almost out-graced itself
In him your love to rebels has reached its height
O to love you with a a love like this
My heart is stone, please melt it with your love
My heart is locked, let love be the master key to open it
O Father, I adore you for your great love
   in the gift of Jesus,
O Jesus, I bless you for laying down your life for me,
O Holy Spirit, I thank you for revealing to me this mystery
Great God, let your Son see in me the purpose of his cross
Bring me away from my false trusts to rest in him,
   and him only.
Let me not be so callous to his merit
   as not to love him
  so indifferent to his blood
   as not to desire cleansing.
Lord Jesus, Master, Redeemer, Savior
   come and take entire possession of me;
   this is your right by purchase.
In the arms of love enfold and subdue
   my willful spirit.
Please take, sanctify, and use my every faculty;
I am not ashamed of my hope
   nor has my confidence led me into confusion.
I trusted in you regarding my innumerable sins,
   and you have cast them behind your back.
I trusted in you when evils encompassed me
   and you brought me out into a wealthy place.
I trusted in you in an hour of distress
   and you did not fail me, though faith trembled.
O God of the eternal choice,
O God of the restored possession purchased on the tree
O God of the effectual call,
Father, Son, Holy Spirit,
   I adore your glory, honor, majesty, power, and dominion for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment