Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Openness


Openness

Lord of Immortality,

Before whom angels bow and archangels veil their faces,
enable me to serve you with reverence and godly fear.
You who are spirit and require truth in my inner being
help me to worship you in spirit and truth.
You who are righteous,
let me not permit sin to live in my heart,
or indulge a worldly attitude,
or seek satisfaction in things that perish.
I am fast approaching the time
when earthly pursuits and possessions
will appear meaningless
when it will not matter whether I have been
rich or poor,
successful or disappointed,
admired or despised.
But it will be eternally important that I have
mourned for sin,
hungered and thirsted after righteousness,
sincerely loved the Lord Jesus,
and gloried in his cross.
May my highest happiness be found in these things!
Produce in me those virtues and attitudes
that make serving you perfect freedom.
Expel from my mind all sinful fear and shame,
so that with firmness and courage I may
confess the Redeemer before people,
go forth with him bearing his reproach,
be zealous with his knowledge,
be filled with his wisdom,
walk with his carefulness,
ask help of him in all things,
go back to the Scriptures for his orders,
rest my mind on his peace,
knowing that nothing can happen to me
without his permission, plan and oversight.

No comments:

Post a Comment