Thursday, November 22, 2012

WORSHIP


Glorious God,
It is the flame of my life to worship you,
   the crown and glory of my soul to adore you,
   and heavenly pleasure to approach you.
Please give me power by your Spirit to help me
      worship now,
   that I may forget the world,
      be brought into fullness of life,
      be refreshed, comforted, blessed.
Give me knowledge of your goodness
   that I might not be overwhelmed by your greatness;
Give me Jesus, Son of Man, Son of God,
   that I might not be terrified,
      but be drawn near with devoted love,
         with holy boldness;
Jesus is my Mediator, Brother, Interpreter,
   Source, Mediator, Lamb;
      him I glorify,
      in him I am set on high.
Crowns to give I have none,
   but what you have given I give back,
   content to feel that everything is mine
      when it is yours,
   and the more fully mine when I have yielded
      to you.
Let me live wholly to my Savior,
   free from distractions,
      from worrying care,
      from hindrances to the pursuit
         of the narrow way.
I am pardoned through the blood of Jesus -
   O give me a new sense of it,
   continue to pardon me by it,
   may I come every day to the fountain,
   and every day be washed anew,
   that I may worship you always
      in spirit and truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment