Friday, March 11, 2022

God Honored

O God,

Praise waits for you,

   and to offer it is my noblest activity;

This is your due from all your creatures,

   for all your works display your attributes and fulfill your designs;

The sea, dry land, winter cold, summer heat,

   morning light, and evening shade are full of you,

   and you give me them richly to enjoy.

You are King of kings and Lord of lords;

At your pleasure empires rise and fall;

All your works praise you and your saints bless you;

   Let me be numbered with your holy ones,

   resemble them in character and condition,

   and sit with them at Jesus' feet.

May my walk with you be always firmly rooted in your Word,

   my understanding divinely informed,

   my affections holy and heavenly,

   my motives simple and pure,

   and my heart never wrong with you.

Deliver me from the natural darkness of my own mind,

   from the corruptions of my heart,

   from the temptations to which I am exposed,

   from the daily snares that attend me.

I am in constant danger while I am in this life;

Let your watchful eye ever be upon me for my defense,

Save me from the power of my worldly and spiritual enemies

   and from all painful evils to which I have exposed myself.

Until the day of life dawns above

   let there be unrestrained fellowship with Jesus;

Until fullness comes, may I enjoy the deposit of my inheritance

   and the firstfruits of the Spirit;

Until I finish my course with joy may I pursue it with diligence,

   in every part display the resources of the Christian,

   and adorn the doctrine of you my God

      in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment