Sunday, November 24, 2013

God The Source of All Good

O Lord God, Who inhabits eternity,

The heavens declare your glory,
   The earth your riches,
The universe is your temple;
Your presence fills the vastness
Yet it pleased you to create life,
   and communicate happiness;
You have made me what I am,
   and have given me what I have;
I you I live and move and have my being;
Your loving care has determined the structure of my life
   and wisely governs my affairs.
I thank you for your riches to me in Jesus,
   for the unclouded revelation of him in your Word,
   where I behold his person, character, grace, glory
   humiliation, sufferings, death and resurrection;
Please help me to feel my need of his continual saving
   and cry with Job, 'I am vile',
   with Peter, 'I perish',
   with the tax collector, 'Be merciful to me, a sinner'.
O Subdue in me the love of sin,
Let me know the need of renovation
   as well as forgiveness,
   in order that I may serve and enjoy you forever.
I come to you, Father, in the all-prevailing name of Jesus,
   with nothing of my own to offer,
   no works, no worthiness, no promises.
I am often straying,
   often knowingly opposing your authority,
   often abusing your goodness;
Much of my guilt arises from the spiritual advantages that I have,
   how little I value them,
   and my failure to use them to my advantage,
But I am not careless of your favor or regardless of your glory;
Will you impress me deeply with a sense of your
   omnipresence, that you are near to me in my path,
   my ways, my lying down, and my end.

No comments:

Post a Comment