Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Comforts

Giver of all good,

Streams upon streams of love overflow my way.
You have made me out of nothing,
   have brought me back from foreign land
   have transformed me from ignorance to knowledge,
      from darkness to light,
      from death to life,
      from misery to peace,
      from foolishness to wisdom,
      from error to truth,
      from sin to victory.
Thanks be to your for my high and holy calling.
I bless you for ministering angels,
   for the comfort of your Word,
   for the helpful functions of your church,
   for the teaching of your Spirit,
   for your holy sacraments,
   for the communion of saints,
   for Christian fellowship,
   for the recorded chronicles of holy lives,
   for godly examples that make me want more of you
   for the people whose life-lights it would be a sad to ignore.
Your will in all your provide is
   to enable me to grow in grace,
   and to be prepared for your eternal presence.
My heaven-born faith gives promise of eternal sight,
   my new birth is a pledge of never-ending life.
I draw near to you, knowing you will draw near to me.
I ask of you, believing you have already given.
I entrust myself to you, for you have redeemed me.
I bless and adore you, the eternal God,
   for the comforts of these thoughts,
      the joy of these hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment